During a battle, players earn War Funds at the beginning of the day for each Building that they earn, although this amount is set at 1000 in Campaign, on Versus Maps the amount is determined by the players beforehand.
In Advance Wars: Days of Ruin the maximum amount of war funds that can be held at once is 999,999.
There are ways to gain War Funds outside of the 1000 funds per day:
- Join units, if joined HP value is above 10. Calculation: (Unit Price / 10) x (HPA + HPB - 10). Example: A 9 HP Infantry joins an 8 HP. 900 + 800 - 1000 = 700 Funds received.
- Blue Moon CO Sasha gives an extra 100 per Building, totaling up to 1100.
- Blue Moon CO Colin can multiply funds by 1.5x using his COP.
- The Skill Gold Rush gives an extra 100 per Building, totaling up to 1100.
- Sasha gain extra funds with her SCOP when doing damage. Calculation: Unit Price x 0.H (HP damage) x 0.5.
- The Skill Combat Pay gain extra funds when doing damage. Unit Price x 0.H (HP damage) x 0.02.