|Good movement and vision.|
They are strong against infantry.
- Main article: Recon
Recon(Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict) or Fog of War matches. Their movement allows them to scout large areas and attack infantry units from long distances.(失われた光) are excellent scouts in open
However, their 'Tire A' movement type prevents them from properly moving on open plains, requiring a road to effectively be utilized. Alternatively, Rigs can build a makeshift road on plains by building Temporary Airports and beachs by building Temporary Ports at the cost of 5,000 per tile, unless using Greyfield's CO Power to refit their material.
Changes from Dual Strike
- Infantry damage dealt (70 -> 75)
- Light Tank damage dealt (6 -> 8)
- Anti-Air Tank damage dealt (4 -> 8)
- Anti-Air Missile Launcher damage dealt (28 -> 55)
- Battle Helicopter damage dealt (10 -> 18)
- Battle Helicopter damage taken with primary (55 -> 75)
- Battleship damage taken (90 -> 70)
In Fog of War, they have the highest vision range, only tied with Subs and Missiles. For that reason, they are essential in maps where FoW is present. Recons are great at hiding in Woods to scout enemy positions, damaging weakened units or blocking enemy movement.
Outside of FoW, Recons do have some other uses. They are a good tool to quickly reach the center of the map and prevent enemy Infantry from capturing properties, since it has very fast movement in flat terrain. Recons can take on several Infantry without any severe damage. They even hold up decently well against other Recons.
However, in mid to late game, they are easily countered by Tanks, B-Copters, Anti-Airs and even Mechs, so they aren't worth the investment later on. In addition, since Recons move on tires, they get slowed down by Plains and Woods. On maps where these types of terrain are plentiful, a Recon's movement may not be as impressive as the game states.
- Rubinelle's Recons are based on the American Humvee.
- Lazuria, and IDS's Recons are based on the Russian GAZ-67 jeep.