|Appearances||Advance Wars: Days of Ruin|
|Misses||Broken "toys" (units)|
"Tee hee! Let's go, Mr. Bear!"”
—Advance Wars: Days of Ruin CO Description
Penny is an IDS CO. (known as Lili in the EU version of the game) She is the youngest child of Dr. Caulder, whose numerous experiments on her have left her mind permanently shattered. It was stated by Dr. Caulder that her mind was altered to allow her to control an entire battlefield single-handedly. She has a close bond to her teddy bear, "Mr. Bear", and in the US and Japanese versions acts as though it is alive. This is almost completely absent in the European version. She looks up to her older sister Tabitha. Penny is quite childish and has trouble understanding things. This and her trouble remembering things are most likely caused by the experiments that were done on her.
In the Days of Ruin campaign, Penny is the second enemy CO seen, after The Beast, but does not appear again until after Greyfield is defeated. She is the enemy CO twice after that, in The Great Owl and Crash Landing. She finds herself onboard The Great Owl when Will attempts to rescue Isabella, however Caulder orders her to crash it and kill herself along with everyone on board. Isabella, however, persuades her not to, and Penny consequently joins the 12th Battalion. She is seen in the ending cutscene, a year after Caulder's defeat, during which she STILL has a close bond with Mr. Bear.
All of Penny's Units are not affected by weather even if the CO unit is not deployed.
All units unaffected by weather (regardless of being in zone).
Stormfront(Days of Ruin) - Enigma(Dark Conflict)
- Weather is changed randomly to either rain, snow, or sandstorm, lasting 3 days.
- Rain reduces all properties vision to 0 and all enemy units vision to 1. It creates Fog of War if it's not in place already.
- Snow reduces all enemy units mobility by 1.
- Sandstorm reduces enemy attack power by 30%, after damage calculations but before the effect of a CO zone is applied.
In order to unlock Penny as a playable commander, the player must complete Mission 24: "Crash Landing".
- Trial 11: Star Islands (against Greyfield)
- Trial 14: Fragment Isles (against Isabella, Lin, Brenner)
- Trial 26: Bounty River (against Isabella)
- Campaign 6: Fear Experiment (as Will)
- Campaign 22: The Great Owl (as Lin)
- Campaign 24: Crash Landing (as Lin)
Penny should only be played when weather effects are available. Otherwise, she has no stat boosts outside of the standard CO Zone's +10 attack and defense. If you care about stats with a higher-than-average 3 CO Zone, you are better off with Brenner.
If there are no random weather changes selected, her entire gimmick is to quickly get a weather effect during her CO Power time. Like the luck-based COs in the previous game, there are 3 possible scenarios. If you get sandstorm or snow, you can definitely go on the offensive and those are the only 2 weather effects that Penny benefits from. Rain, on the other hand, can actually work against you, if Fog of War is not already present. If Rain pops up and the map analysis shows that your engagements require more units to be in range for vision purposes, you are likely forced to retreat and force your opponent to go on the offensive. You do not want an trap/ambush that leaves your units exposed and the little +10 attack and defense isn't going to help you survive.
- She is the only CO in Advance Wars: Days of Ruin to have an ability that affects all her units out side of her CO zone without her CO Power being used.
- Penny is considered to be the weakest playable CO in Days of Ruin, only offering a 10% offence and defense boost.
- Strangely enough, Penny is shown to possibly have four teddy bears, as seen in her CO picture, and a cutscene when Caulder talks to his children after Greyfield is defeated. Penny's bears are colored as Green, Black, Yellow, and Red. This would cast some doubt as to which one is actually "Mr. Bear", however, she is mostly seen with the red one, which also holds her necklace (found on all of Caulder's clones), probably signifying it as "Mr. Bear" from the trio. However, when the other ones make their appearance, the Black teddy bear is shown to wear her necklace, possibly meaning that their color is merely changed due to the lighting.
- Penny is shown to have bad memory as she does not appear to remember who Will is during the final cutscenes, after which Will states he believes she will "eventually remember".
- Internally, she is called "Agat".
- Penny is the one of the only 2 COs in Days of Ruin to potentially have a negative effect when a CO Power is used; the other being Tabitha if a Firestorm hits her own units. For Penny, if her CO Power triggers rain, she creates a fog of war to herself as well. If a player was not paying attention, they could accidentally trigger trap/ambushes on locations where the enemy's units are, thus stopping Penny's units from attacking.
|COs:||Caulder | Penny | Tabitha | Cyrus|