|Appearances||Advance Wars : Dual Strike|
|CO power||Forced March|
|Super CO power||Trail of Woe|
Forced march - All of Koal's units gain +1 movement. The on-Road bonus is increased to 120%. All of his Units also gain 10% firepower and defense bonus.
Trail Of Woe - All of Koal's units gain +2 movement. The on-Road bonus is increased to 130%. His Units also gain 10% offence and defense bonus.
Koal has Tag Breaks with the following COs:
- Jugger, 110%, "Power Surge" (2 stars)
- Adder, 110%, "Creepy Crawly" (1 star)
- Kindle, 105%, "Flash Point" (1 star)
- Rachel, 65%
Koal is very similar to Adder in gameplay design. Unlike Adder, he has moderate offense boosts on Roads, but his CO Power costs 3 stars instead of 2 (making it harder to spam). As a result, it's usually best to use his Super CO power instead, which can significantly increase the attacking range of direct units.
Koal is one of the weaker CO's in the game because his day to day offensive boosts on Roads are too small to be of practical value. Players generally try to avoid placing units on Roads during combat because it provides no terrain defense, and Koal's offensive boost is too small to incentivize players to do so.
"This isn't over yet."
"None shall escape!"
"Heh heh heh. Fate has smiled upon me this day."
"My speed knows no equal!"
"I will crush your units, one by one!"
"I am a warrior and a scholar. My victory is all but certain."
"Heh heh heh. I'll not surrender. Bend your knee and beg for mercy!"
Koal: "Heh heh heh... Other COs are soft..."
Adder: "Heh heh heh... Like cotton candy."
Koal: "Heh heh heh... Hold nothing back!"
Adder: "Heh he... Hmm. Odd. That is my motto, too."
Adder: "Heh heh heh... What a pair we make!"
Koal: "Heh heh heh... Like water and fish."
Adder: "Heh heh heh... All we have to do is win."
Koal: "Heh heh heh... I couldn't agree more."
- Koal is believed to be based on the philosopher Sun Tzu, author of The Art of War.
- Even though the in-game description states his CO power meter to fill more rapidly than that of other COs, this is not the case.
- His road bonus also works for air units! Put this to good use next time when you're facing an anti-air with a bomber.
- He is also thought to be based on Adder because they are both movement based COs with short CO meters (the only differences being his boost on roads and his CO Power takes one more star to activate)
|COs:||Adder | Clone Andy | Flak | Hawke | Jugger | Kindle | Koal | Lash | Sturm | Von Bolt|
|Bolt Guard:||Jugger | Kindle | Koal | Von Bolt|
|Black Hole Technology:||Oozium 238|