A Building is the general term for all properties in the Advance Wars series. There are many different kinds of Buildings, most of which are crucial to victory. All Buildings are also a type of Terrain.
Most Buildings repair and resupply some kind of unit. A number of them may also be used to build the kind of units they service. While resupplying is free, repairing does come at a cost. Buildings that do not service units have special functions, such as the Silo or Comm Tower. Many Buildings also provide defensive cover to types of units and do not impede movement.
Buildings can either be Allied, Neutral or owned by the Enemy. Owned properties appear in the color of their owner, while neutral properties are white. A property, once captured, cannot return to being neutral. In Fog of War buildings do not show the color of their owner unless in vision of your units. Knowing which properties the opponent could have captured is important to anticipate what kind and how many units you may encounter as well as roughly estimating how many funds they may have.
Main article: Capture
List of Buildings
- Communication tower (Only in Advance Wars: Dual Strike and Advance Wars: Days of Ruin)
- Temporary Port (Only in Advance Wars: Days of Ruin)
- Temporary Airport (Also only in Advance Wars: Days of Ruin)
- Radar (Also only in Advance Wars: Days of Ruin)
- Missile Silo (In Advance Wars 2 onwards)